Nine to Twelve Months
- Announce your engagement
- Draft guest list
- Call Arden Hills for a private tour and check availability
- Reserve your wedding date and sign a contract
- Reserve your honeymoon suite at The Villas at Arden Hills
- Visit the Arden Hills preferred vendor list on our website and start researching the best wedding vendors in the Sacramento area
- Invite attendants to be a part of your wedding party
- Choose color scheme
- Shop for wedding gown
- Host your engagement party at Arden Hills
- Book accommodations for out-of-town guests
Wedding Wellness Tip: It’s time to start your health and fitness regime. Become a member at Arden Hills and we’ll create a customized program to help you shed those extra pounds and look great on your big day!
Six to Nine Months
- Begin designing invitations
- Sign vendor contracts and make deposits
- If you choose vendors that are not on our preferred vendor list, please remember to ask for a copy of their liability insurance and present this to your event coordinator at your first appointment
- Send out save-the-date cards
- Order wedding gown and choose additional accessories
- Choose bridesmaids attire
- Book honeymoon arrangements
- Mail thank you notes as you receive gifts
- Set up engagement photo session
- Arrange officiant for your ceremony
Wedding Wellness Tip: It’s time to start thinking about your hair and make-up. Look through magazines, Pinterest and other online sites for the latest bridal styles. Still need some help? Make an appointment with the creative team at Salon Cabochon to discuss what hair and make-up look will best complement you!
Three to Six Months
- Arrange wedding day transportation
- Finalize guest list
- Order invitations
- Plan your honeymoon
- Secure passports, visas, shots and anything else needed for the honeymoon
- Schedule a pre-wedding day hair and make-up trial run at Salon Cabochon at Arden Hills
- Order your wedding rings
- Call Arden Hills to book your rehearsal dinner at Olive Branch at Arden Hills
- Consult with an esthetician from The Spa at Arden Hills for skin treatments, facials or laser hair removal
- Have your maid of honor plan your bridal shower or bachelorette party at Arden Hills
- Spend a memorable evening in The Villas at Arden Hills followed by a morning spa party in The Spa. Or, invite your guests to dine on market fresh cuisine during a delightful meal at Olive Branch at Arden Hills …the choice is yours!
- Your event coordinator at Arden Hills will be calling to set-up a detail appointment 3–4 months prior to your event to go over menu, cake, beverages, timeline of your wedding day, room layout, linens and any other necessary details
- Attend an Arden Hills group food tasting
- Tastings are arranged quarterly and you’ll be receiving a phone call from your event coordinator to personally invite you to attend
- Choose groom and groomsmen attire
- Start shopping for bridal party gifts in The Spa Boutique at Arden Hills
Wedding Wellness Tip: It’s not too late to trim down and tone up for your wedding! Schedule a consultation with an Arden Hills nutritionist to take a closer look at your dietary habits. Next, come and workout with a personal trainer. They will provide you with just the right exercise routine to loose unwanted inches.
- Address and mail wedding invitations
- Schedule your manicure and pedicure at The Spa at Arden Hills. Interested in treating your bridal party to manicures and pedicures too?
- Buy your wedding shoes and practice walking in them
- It’s also important to break in your shoes before your wedding to avoid blisters.
- Create a list of photos you’d like taken for the photographer
- Update wedding registry
- Choose and order wedding favors
- Pick out your music list for your reception
- Schedule your wedding day hair and make-up appointment at Salon Cabochon
Wedding Wellness Tip: Has all of this wedding planning left you and your groom feeling stressed? Schedule a couples’ massage in our award-winning day spa, The Spa at Arden Hills. Surrounded by elegant palms and the soothing sounds of waterfalls, you’ll retreat from all of your cares and concerns.
- Make any final appointments with your vendors
- Start writing/selecting your vows
- Go for your final dress fitting
- Make an appointment for your marriage license
- Arrange final fitting for bridesmaids
- Pick up rings
- If you did any engraving, make sure to check that it is correct.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations
- Schedule your final appointment with your event coordinator
- Final head count and payment will be due two weeks prior to your event.
Wedding Wellness Tip: Schedule a facial in The Spa at Arden Hills to ensure fresh, clear skin on your wedding day. We highly suggest not scheduling any facials less then two weeks before your wedding day; three to four weeks before your wedding day is recommended.
Two to Three Weeks
- Contact guests who haven’t responded to the invitation
- Arrange for a house/pet/child sitter for honeymoon
- Give your music list to your DJ
- Finalize seating plans and create place cards for reception
- Place cards are only needed if you are doing assigned seating or a sit down meal.
- Write your speech for the rehearsal dinner
- Pick up your marriage license
- Attend your final appointment with your event coordinator
- Please bring all your vendor information, final head count, meal selections and final payment to this appointment.
Wedding Wellness Tip: It’s time to get your locks into tip-top shape before the big day! Nobody likes a bride with split ends. Book your appointment for a Kerastase treatment at Salon Cabochon. Kerastase treatments fortify the internal structure of the hair from roots to ends while adding shine and silkiness to the surface of the hair. The treatments help to control fine, frizzy, flyaway hair as well as coarse, curly and rebellious hair.
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Pick up your dress
- Confirm all details with vendors
- Give ceremony readers their scripts
- Finalize rehearsal dinner plans
- Remind your rehearsal dinner attendants of times and have wedding party gifts ready to distribute.
- Prepare tip/payment envelopes for vendors
- Arrange for someone to hand these to the appropriate vendors the day of your wedding so that you don’t have to worry about it.
Wedding Wellness Tip: Time to take away any last minute tension and stress. Stretch and relax in your choice of yoga or Pilates and then revitalize with a therapeutic massage. You can complete your package with a steam or by relaxing in the Jacuzzi.
- Check into The Villas at Arden Hills
- We suggest staying the night before your wedding so the day of you can relax and have everything at one location.
- Go to your manicure and pedicure appointment in The Spa at Arden Hills
- Ask a trusted friend or parent to bring your marriage license to the ceremony
- Go to the wedding rehearsal followed by the rehearsal dinner at Olive Branch at Arden Hills
- Our rehearsals are held on Thursday evening and Friday during the day, depending on availability.
- Bring all reception items to the event detailer
- She will need: favors, toasting flutes, place cards, cake knife and cutter, sign in book and any other items that will be included in the reception.
- Pack everything you will need for your ceremony and reception including emergency items (for dress)
Wedding Wellness Tip: Are your eyes feeling a bit swollen? Unfortunately the stress of planning your wedding and lack of sleep can cause your eyes to puff up. It’s important to drink at least six eight-ounce glasses of water every day. When your body is dehydrated it starts to store water as a natural defense, causing your eyes to swell. If you don’t usually drink very much water make sure to increase your water intake a least one week before your wedding to cut down on swelling.
Your Wedding Day
- Get your hair and make-up done at Salon Cabochon
- Put on your dress and accessories
- We suggest allowing three hours to dress and take pictures so you don’t feel rushed.
- Organize your honeymoon luggage
- Make sure to bring your luggage with you if you are leaving straight from The Villas or reception. Eat small meals throughout the day
- Be prepared with tissues
- Re-apply lipstick and check teeth before you walk down the aisle
- Remember it’s your special day…take a deep breath, enjoy every moment and smile!
Wellness Wedding Tip: Give yourself 30 minutes before the ceremony to relax! This is a very special day, so take a moment to enjoy it.