Arden Hills has a year-round USA Swim Team that is recognized by USA Swimming as a “Silver Medal” team, one that is classified in the top two percent of all teams in the United States. Open to all swimmers with athletes being placed according to skill level, the top-notch Arden Hills swim program is in a class all its own and truly sets the standard for swim programs in the Sacramento area. First opened in 1954, Arden Hills has trained an amazing number of world champion swimmers. In fact, athletes that have trained at Arden Hills have collectively set more than 200 world and American records, earned 31 Olympic medals, 21 gold, seven of which were won by legendary swimmer Mark Spitz. Arden Hills Swimming: athletes well trained.
Arden Hills Swimming offers a progressive age group program designed to develop each swimmer physically and psychologically. At the beginning levels, improving technique is the main priority and as the swimmer matures, more emphasis is placed on training concepts. Swimmers who meet the AH training requirements will advance to the next training group. Prerequisites for group advancement include: a positive attitude, a desire to advance and a willingness to upgrade commitment levels as required in respect to workload and attendance.
USA Swim Team
VisionTo provide a program and environment that will allow swimmers to reach their dreams.
The Arden Hills USA Swim Team is committed to providing a program that encompasses the novice to international level swimmer. Providing a sequential skills-based program that challenges each athlete at their own pace is the foundation of the age group program. The National program will introduce athletes to a more extensive training that can lead them to the highest levels of United States Swimming.
A positive atmosphere. Each athlete may grow and enjoy the sport of swimming.
The best instruction. Each coach will be a highly trained, professional swimming coach. Each practice will be designed with each swimmers’ best interest.
A competitive environment. Practices are designed and meets scheduled so that each athlete is challenged to achieve new heights.
We must all understand that no matter how deeply motivated or how hard they drive, not every child will be an Olympic swimmer. However, if the swim program is well-planned, every athlete can gain a great deal from their experience in swimming. It is for this reason that Arden Hills Swimming has the following objectives:
- To provide quality training and competitions to all swimmers.
- To provide an opportunity for each swimmer to develop 100% of their ability.
- To provide an environment that encourages and supports the well-rounded student/athlete.
- To provide assistance in looking for collegiate scholarships and universities.
- To lead by example and good sportsmanship and to make our swimmers aware of the value of spirit.
- To have consistent communication between swimmers, parents and coaches.
- To provide opportunities for social and emotional development.
- To provide opportunities to develop a healthy lifestyle and a love for swimming.
- Arden Hills USA Swim Team Accomplishments Since 2000
- Two swimmers on USA national Junior Team
- Nine swimmers qualifying for Olympic trials
- Seven National qualifiers
- 58 Junior National qualifiers
- 127 Sectional qualifiers
- Six 1st place finishes at Long Course Junior Olympics
- Four Top Five finishes at Far Western Championships
- One Top Five finish at Junior National Championships