Arden Hills Aquatics 2012 in Review
Wow, what a year 2012 has been for Arden Hills Aquatics! Looking back at this amazing year, a few achievements jump out, including:
- Seven Arden Hills swimmers attended the 2012 USA Olympic Trials and one made the semi-finals in the 100 backstroke;
- Arden Hills Age Group swimmers took second place at the Sierra Nevada Short Course Junior Olympics;
- The National Group had eight swimmers go to the NCSA Junior National Meet in Florida;
- Arden Hills Age Groupers placed 13th at Far Western Age Group Championships;
- Otters Summer recreational swim team started the season with 200+ swimmers!!
- More than 20 Arden Hills National Group swimmers attended the Santa Clara Grand Prix meet;
- Otters hosted a very successful dual meet at home and came very close to pulling out a win in a tough division;
- Arden Hills National group placed sixth in the Large Team Division at the CA/NV Gold Sectional Championships;
- Otters Summer Recreational swim team placed 5th in their division;
- Arden Hills USA Swimmers placed second at the Sierra Nevada Long Course Junior Olympics in Roseville;
- Arden Hills Masters swimming took a trek to Lake Tahoe and did very well in the Trans Tahoe Relay;
- Arden Hills Masters swimmers competed at the Donner Lake Open Water Swim;
- Otters sent a handful of swimmers to the NorCal All Star Meet;
- Arden Hills USA Swimmers placed 11th at the Long Course Far Western Championships in San Jose;
- Arden Hills Masters swimmers went to Hawaii to compete at the Maui Channel swim with amazing success; and,
- Five Arden Hills National Group swimmers obtained USA Swimming Academic All-American Status.
Congratulations to the Arden Hills swimmers, teams, and coaching staff that had such an amazing year. We look forward to watching your continued success in 2013!