Wild Mushroom Risotto
Serves 5; 380 Calories per serving
2 Tbs. EVOO
1 Yellow Onion – Diced
1 Ea Leek – bottoms, sliced & washed
4oz. Wild Mushroom, Chef’s Choice
4 C Vegetable Stock
2 C Arborio Rice
1/2 C White Wine
1/2 Bunch Thyme – chopped
1/2 C parmesan cheese – grated
Salt & Cracked Pepper to taste
1. In a large sauté pan, heat EVOO and sauté the onion & leeks on medium heat until translucent. Add in wild mushrooms, and sauté for another 2 minutes.
2. In a pot, bring the vegetable stock to a boil and keep at a simmer until ready to use.
3. Add the rice, and cook until toasted. The center of the rice grains will become chalky in color, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
4. Add wine and continue stirring until the liquid is absorbed.
5. Add about 1/2 C of stock, and stir continuously until the broth is absorbed. Once the broth is completely absorbed, add another 1/2 C of stock and continue in this manner until the rice is cooked but not mushy. It should have a creamy consistency, yet still be firm to the tooth (al dente).
6. Check frequently by tasting the rice for texture each time you go to add more stock.
7. Remove from heat and stir in cheese, thyme and salt & cracked pepper to taste.